Reblogging this fabulous compendium of Self Publishing FAQs by Rasana Atreya. I credit her for inspiring me to Self Publish my first book (and my upcoming one too!)
I get these same questions so often that I decided to turn this into a blog post:
I have a manuscript. How do I self-publish it?Before you self-publish this:
* If you have writer friends, get them to beta-read your manuscript.
* Get your manuscript edited.
* Get your manuscript proofread.
* Commission an cover for ebook (print/paper book cover will be separate).
* Get the book formatted for ebook (and print/paper book, when you’re ready for it).
* Create an account on Amazon and upload formatted ebook file.
* Set a price and make it ready for sale with a click
Do I publish as an ebook, or a print book?* Start off with the ebook.
* Get it formatted as an ebook.
* Upload to various vendors like – Amazon.com, Smashwords.com, pronoun.com etc. You cannot upload to many international vendors (like Apple) directly.
View original post 686 more words